we understand that good research is not only good results, but also to involve society in science. We will host a Magnetism Art Competition
, where attendees can show the beauty of magnetism and their research to a wide audience. The submitted images will be displayed at JEMS2023 website as well as in social media.
- To participate in the contest, each entry must have one representative attending the conference, listed as first author or as co-author.
- Each attendee is permitted to submit one entry as first author, but there is no limit to appear as co-author.
- Each entry must be unique, not being valid a simple modification such as a change of colours.
- Entries can be the result of a simulation, modelling or an experimental technique. The competition will focus on the natural aesthetics of magnetism, not in the scientific quality.
- Participant should send two files containing two images: the original one without any effect, and the “artistic image” competing for the award.
- When submitting an image, you are the solely responsible for any content subject to copyright, and obtaining the required agreements for the exhibition of the image. If plagiarism is detected, all entries in which the violator is listed as co-author will be subject to disqualification.
- By submitting an entry, you acknowledge that you agree to abide by the contest rules, and that your image will be displayed in the conference website, social media, during the on-site conference and as part of the current and future conference advertising.
FINALISTS AND WINNER SELECTION PROCEDURE:
- 1. All the images will be published anonymously in the conference website.
- 2. A panel of judges will select the finalists.
- 3. The winner will be selected by popular vote of the registered participants of the conference. Votes will be done through the specific section available in the conference website until Thursday 31st Aug at 15:30; the awards ceremony will take place on Friday 1st Sept during the closing session. The finalists will each be awarded € 150 and the winner will receive € 300. Each entry is eligible for only one prize.
- All entries must be submitted online before 23:59 (CEST) on August 7, 2023.
- The two files should be high resolution JPG, PNG or TIFF. Each maximum file size is 20 MB. File names must be the entry title using underscore instead of blank spaces. Example: Magnetic_ORIGINAL PacMan.jpg and Magnetic_ART PacMan.jpg
- To enable blind-judging, images cannot contain author’s names, affiliations or any hint to those.
- All entries must include:
- A short title.
- First author’s name and affiliation.
- Co-authors’ names and affiliations.
- A brief description of the image and its relationship to magnetism.
- Technique used to obtain the image and any modification made to it (colour change, aspect ratio change…).
- Please, visit our JEMS2023 social media to see the submissions:
- Twitter @JEMSmagnetic (#JEMS2023_Art_Competition)
The JEMS2023 - Magnetism Art Competition is sponsored by EVICO-MAGNETICS GmbH (Germany)